Instacart Connect brings the power of Instacart order fulfillment to your branded ecommerce site. Your customers shop your site as usual. They select a fulfillment option from among the options you choose to offer, and they select a time slot for when they'd like to receive their order. If a customer chooses a delivery option, an Instacart shopper delivers the purchased items to the customer.
You can choose to offer any of the following options:
|Delivery||Instacart delivers the order. A shopper uses the Instacart Shopper app while picking the ordered items for the customer. The customer receives order status notifications and shopper communications.||Full-service delivery, Delivery only|
|Pickup||The customer wants to pick up the order. A shopper uses the Instacart Shopper app while picking the ordered items for the customer. The customer receives order status notifications and shopper communications.||Full-service pickup, Partner-pick pickup|
|Last mile delivery||A retailer employee picks the order without using the Instacart Shopper app. When the order is ready, the retailer stages the order for an Instacart driver to pick up and deliver.||Delivery only (without the Instacart Shopper app)|
Instacart APIs are RESTful. They use predictable, resource-oriented URLs and HTTP response codes. The APIs use built-in HTTP features, such as HTTP authentication and HTTP verbs, which are understood by HTTP clients.
As the Instacart Connect product evolves and improves, we may make changes to the APIs to take advantage of new functionality and improvements. All changes made to APIs will maintain backwards compatibility. Any new fields are optional and can be ignored if you want the APIs to continue to function as is.
To integrate Instacart Connect APIs with your ecommerce site, you need the following items:
- A signed agreement with Instacart
- The URLs for your assigned Instacart Connect development and production servers
- Your Instacart Connect client ID and secret
- The storefront that you use to develop new components and flows
If you are missing any of the Instacart items, contact your Instacart Connect representative.
We currently offer the following guides to help you get started with the Connect Fulfillment API:
- To understand how delivery works with an integrated shopper experience, see Delivery user journey.
- To understand how pickup works with an integrated shopper experience, see Pickup user journey.
- To understand how last mile delivery works, see Last mile delivery user journey.
- To get started with Connect APIs, see Get started.
- To review the endpoints, see the API reference.